Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 4 ounces roux (equal parts flour and butter, cooked together until lightly browned)
- 2 cups shredded good quality cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked peppercorns
- 1 pound cooked macaroni
- 1 pound fresh lobster meat, chopped
- Bring heavy cream to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce and add mustard, bay leaves, cloves and cook 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove cloves and bay leaves. Add roux and cook for an additional 5 minutes, then add cheese, salt, and pepper and whisk until the cheese is melted and well combined.
- Add macaroni and lobster and place in an ovenproof baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 375° F
Read more ›